The Ka-226T is a powerful, light multirole helicopter that, in addition to meeting high safety standards, boasts incredibly precise hovering ability, excellent manoeuvrability and is very easy to fly. Improved performance characteristics of the Ka-226T include eco-friendly features, efficiency, modern avionics and additional flight safety solutions – making this one of the best models in its class.
- The Ka-226T is powered by 580 h.p. FADEC-equipped Arrius 2G1 engines by SAFRAN HE which enables the helicopter to land or take-off safely if one engine fails.
- The coaxial main rotor system and absence of a tail rotor not only makes it safer on the ground and in the air, but also makes it possible to use the Ka-226T in spaces with scant room for manoeuver, as the fuselage does not extend beyond the area swept by the rotors.
- The Ka-226 can operate day and night, in regular and adverse weather conditions, over land or expanses of water, and also in high winds.
- It is operation in temperatures ranging from -50°С до +50°С with a relative humidity of 100%, and does not need to be kept in a hangar.
The Ka-226T helicopter boasts a modular design and can be delivered in a variety of modifications.
- The passenger model can comfortably set up to seven people.
- The transport model can carry one tonne within the fuselage or on an external sling and cargo platform can be installed to carry oversize goods.
- The Ka-226T has two kinds of medical uses – medevac and intensive care. Medevac helicopters are equipped with stretchers to carry the injured, oxygen cylinders, and the requisite medical equipment. There are fold-away seats for medical staff. When used to provide intensive-care treatment, the Ka-226T can accommodate one patient and two medical staff.
- As a police vehicle, the Ka-226T can transport up to six people and is excellently suited to law enforcement activities such as: ensuring law and order, patrolling areas, identifying and tracking criminals, and managing the traffic police.
- The search-and-rescue version of the Ka-226 can operate in difficult climates and in a range of different environments, including mountainous areas. High hover precision makes it possible to get injured people on board safely.