The Ka-52 Alligator is a next-generation reconnaissance and combat helicopter designed to destroy tanks, armoured and non-armoured ground targets, and enemy troops and helicopters both on the front line and in tactical reserves. The helicopter can operate around the clock and in all weathers. The Ka-52 can provide target acquisition and designation for helicopter teams and ground troop command and control centres. It can also provide fire support for troop landings, fly routine patrols and escort military convoys.
- Ka-52 Alligator is fitted with signature control devices as well as electronic and active counter-measures. It meets the latest Russian and international standards for technical operation of military helicopters.
- The helicopter has a two-seat cockpit and can be flown by either pilot. Its advanced flight capabilities – achieved in part thanks to its coaxial rotors – make the helicopter highly manoeuvrable in limited space and thus able to adopt an advantageous attack position.
- The Ka-52 Alligator’s two VK-2500 turboshaft engines allow the helicopter to operate at altitudes above 5,000m. It has a static ceiling of 4,000m, and is able to take off and land in hot climates and in high mountainous terrain. The Alligator can also operate in cold climates and icy conditions.
- The Ka-52 Alligator is equipped with the latest avionics suite and powerful offensive weapons that can be configured for a wide range of combat missions.
- The Ka-52 Alligator offers a high degree of protection to its crew, advanced automated systems for ease of piloting, and is easy to service and maintain on the ground.